29 November 2014

Ready!

Maybe that deep sigh I just enjoyed was felt throughout our entire region.  Or maybe it was the cause for today's bright sunshine and warming temperatures.  Or maybe it was just my own deep, contented sigh.  I've been driven to make and package new journals for the holiday season.  My in-stock inventory is now comfortably plump and I'm only two days behind the guesstimate schedule I created for myself.   The reason for the flurry of driven-ness through the fall months has been to be in a place to call December and January mine own.  So ... [insert favorite fanfare here] ... I declare December and January as months for my own projects and endeavors.  Cool.

The most recent creation, completed and photographed just this morning, is a very happy quilter's journal.  The pages remind me of the fabrics in my grandma's scrap basket.  Yes, she really had one. I wish Grandma had kept something like this.  I'd love to know about the fabrics and the thoughts in those tiny, delicate stitches in the quilts that now live with me.

 Thanksgiving was quiet and blissful at our house.  Jerry and I were home and spent the day together, warm and well-fed.  I am so aware of and grateful for God's enormous outpouring upon my life, and His gentle guidance.  As I continue to develop the concept of puddletown fayre, I feel His hand in the directions we are taking.

Last week I invited the neighborhood ladies in for Saturday morning coffee, and set us up in the studio.  It was a nice test of the space and equipment in place so far.  It was comfortable, there was plenty of room, and it was a relaxed get-together.  Because so much of the studio interior is moveable, I have many choices in configuring the space for different needs. And that's still a fun puzzle.  The next step will be to run a couple of guinea pig mini-workshops.  Ideas for those are already simmering away, and best of all, I've had plenty of volunteers for participants!

So, I head into December with a light heart, a grateful spirit, and work I love that is keeping me busy.  I wish the same for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment