13 November 2014

First Snow!


First Snow!

It's the first snow of the season.  We've had passing flakes, but this is sticking and it's cold and bright and floaty and more is on the way.  Oh, boy, oh, boy, oh, boy!  There will be a lot of complaining, griping and moaning, but I can't help it... I get so excited when it snows.  My excitement usually wanes by late February, but right now I love it.  

  I've never been in my studio for a first snow, and I came out as soon as I could to celebrate First Snow here for the first time.  Because it sits high, the studio has the feeling of an aerie.  Right up in the snowflakes and the trees and the air.  It is cozy and warm and bright here.  It's magical.  



I have a Book of Days where I record special celebrations and my/our traditions for those days.  Days like Last Sunday in June (the day Jerry and I first met in person), Yes Day (the day he asked me to marry him), Nicola Tesla's Birthday (because Jerry is fascinated with his work), Boxing Day (a special day with the kids), Claude Monet's Birthday (because, well, he's Claude Monet!), First Day of School (because I'm not there), days like that. 

 And today I'm adding to the First Snow celebration.  It will be imperative that I spend a portion if not all of First Snow in my studio.  I hope we continue to add celebrations and not forget the fun ones that have already grown into our tradition.

Oh - piano lessons in the studio were fun.  The corner we've set up for that purpose works well.  I learned I need coat hooks and another light for the path.  It was such a pleasure to hear the response to this new space and be able to pass those wonderful comments along to Jerry.  He's worked with such patience and skill to create this building.  I can't imagine ever taking it for granted.

I'm hoping to run some guinea pig workshop/retreat groups in late winter or early spring to iron out the details for Phase II of puddletown fayre.  It's all happening, it really is.  We are so completely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment