16 October 2014

Can't Stop

 Can't Stop

Today it's hard to stop and reflect, to make myself quit working, sit down and write.  It's been a busy, happily productive week.  Because our journals are so labor-intensive, I'm pretty focused on building up inventory in anticipation of the Christmas season.  I'm working from morning to night, and I find it hard to turn out the lights and stop at the end of the day.  I'm doing work I love.  How amazing is that?


The first journal I finished this week is a Thanksgiving journal.  The first page in this journal presents a bright and bold What-if.  It's pretty much a pop-culture quote, but a strong reminder that every breath we breathe is a gift from our heavenly Father.  Every sandwich, every tank of gas, every joy, and even every trial come to us through His grace.

And speaking of amazing gifts... this is our first fall in the studio, and our new, nearly-completed space is working out so well.  I feel like I'm dreaming most days.  I go to work just outside the back door.  I'm nestled against the woods and the changing colors give me a new masterpiece every day.

The interior is set up in stations, making my work there so much more efficient.  For making my journals, I'm enclosed in a comfortable circle of tools and materials and I can move from computer to digital cutter to worktable to paper cutter to glue.  What a luxury to have all my "stuff" right there where I can reach it.  My husband is making this space for me, and I struggle to find words to describe the love in his gift. 

So today I thank God for His love and Jerry's love and our health and our home and His endless provision and for my studio, and... and...  and...  the list is endless.  But I'll end with heart-whole, whole-hearted thanks for those very difficult and humbling moments that remind me how much I need Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment